Department of Veterans’ Affairs
Access Therapy Services provides occupational therapy support to veterans in the home or in low care residential aged care facilities through the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA).
DVA Health Cards (Gold and White) are accepted as payment upon a GP referral
Services provided include:
- Equipment prescription (e.g. mobility aids, bathroom equipment, chairs, cushions)
- Home assessment
- Bathroom assessment
- Home modifications (e.g. installation of grabrails, ramps)
- Taxi voucher application
- Disability parking permits
- Falls prevention education
- Referral to other services (e.g. podiatry, physiotherapy, home care)
- Personal safety alarm application
For more information regarding Occupational Therapy Services for the Veteran Community please see the factsheet below.
If you are entitled to services through the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and you think that an occupational therapy assessment would be of benefit to you, please ask your doctor to refer you to Access Therapy Services using a D904 Referral Form.