Qualifications: BOccThy, GCRM, MBA-MPH
Joanna Murray is the Director of Access Therapy Services and is an experienced aged support therapist. Joanna has previously been a lecturer at JCU and continues to work closely with the occupational therapy department on developing, implementing and teaching subjects to undergraduate students. Joanna provides fieldwork placement supervision for third and fourth year students and co-ordinates an aged care placement for second year students. Joanna is on the Townsville Business Women's Circle Advisory Committee and is Deputy Chair for the Good Shepherd Home.
Joanna has won a number of awards and recognition including;
- Townsville Businesswoman's Network 'Emerging Business Woman of the Year' Award (2011/2012)
- Australian Institute of Management ‘Owner Manager of the Year (Townsville Regional)’ 2013
- Regional finalist for the Australian Institute of Management Australian Leadership Excellence Awards (2017)
- Finalist for the Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year Award (2017)
- Winner of the Occupational Therapy Australia Enabling Excellence in Practice Education Award (2018)
- JCU Outstanding Alumni Award 2018
Joanna completed the North Queensland Emerging Leaders program during 2013/2014 and completed her MBA/MPH (Masters of Business Administration/Masters of Public Health) in 2017.
In her spare time Joanna enjoys the beautiful Townsville community with her friends and husband.